Monday, May 18, 2009

Current Events In The News

Child Rapist Have Too Many Rights!






They charged Cesar Najera-Zavala with molestation of a 10-year-old in Garland, TX today. The child was a student at the Amiel Christian School where Zavala, age 55, was working as a private school director. Although Zavala is under a 50 thousand dollar bond, and LE is looking for more possible victims’ ages 3-14 . . . when he goes to court, I wonder if he will get a similar sentence as David Harold Earls, age 64, got in McAlester, Oklahoma. Earls pleaded no contest to the rape and sodomy of a 5-year-old and sentenced to one year in prison.

Granted, Earls must comply with the law and register as a sex offender when he is freed but will that stop him from ruining another child’s life? Did he choose a small child because he knew her ability to testify would turn in his favor? Has he done it before and gotten away with it because no one reported the abuse?

I am upset over these cases! When will it stop? When will the laws protect our children? Men like Cesar Najera-Zavala and David Harold Earls should not walk the streets as free men again. I think Zavala’s bond should be higher than 50 thousand. He can pay a percentage of that and go free until his trial date.


http://www.koco.com/news/19492965/detail.html  

http://www.myfoxdfw.com/dpp/news/Day_Care_Head_Charged_w_Moles

2 comments:

  1. Tigress,

    I share your outrage. David Earls also molested me when I was 6-9yrs old. I am now 43. I am certain he has done this to hundreds of children. When he did it to me,in the 1970's, this was a crime that wasn't really punished. My mother didn't even think to call the police. She consulted a psychiatrist about it, and he advised her not to bring it up, as that would hurt me more. I've thought about what he did to me a lot as an adult, but too much time had passed for me to do anything. I am so sorry for this child.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was sickened, and still outraged over Earls light sentence. And I think you and this child are not his only victims over the years. His history of abusing others needs to be known, and maybe when he is released LE will keep a closer eye on his activities.

    We can hope.

    I'm praying Zavala will get a stronger sentence than Earls did. But, in truth, I won't be a bit surprised if he gets off with a minor sentence either.

    Thank you for sharing your story. The memory has to hurt even now. I am glad your mom took you to a psychiatrist. God Bless her,she cared. And God Bless and Keep you.

    ReplyDelete